Department of postgraduate education
In connection with obtaining a University license for the preparation of PhD and master's degrees in the 2017-2018 academic years, the Department of "Doctoral and master's studies" has created by the decision of the academic Council of the University (order No. 4-49 of may25, 2018). As of September 1, 2020, the name of the Department was renamed to "Department of postgraduate education".
The Department of postgraduate education is a structural division of the departments of the University for the training of highly qualified scientific and pedagogical personnel (PhD doctoral students and masters). Today, the training of specialists in master's and doctoral programs is carried out in Kazakh, Russian and English in two directions:
•scientific and pedagogical (for master's degree - 2-year training, for doctoral studies – 3-year training);
•Profile (for master's degree - 1; 1.5 years of study, for doctoral studies – 3 years of study).
Training of PhD and master's students is carried out on the basis of state educational grants and contracts.
Students have the opportunity to use the material base of the University: equipment of laboratories of physics, chemistry, ecology, computer classes, audio and video equipment, library stock, sports complexes and information and communication technology.
Scientific guidance for PhD students is provided by leading specialists of the University among associate professors and professors and foreign consultants of universities in the near and far abroad. Doctoral studies - active participation of doctoral students in research work is carried out jointly with scientific consultants and educational organizations of foreign universities.
Undergraduates who have completed the master's degree program are awarded the master's degree in the completed educational program.
Doctoral students who have studied for a PhD are awarded the degree of doctor of philosophy (PhD) or doctor of the profile.
The main tasks and functions of the Department of postgraduate education:
• Organization of work on admission of students to the PhD and master's programs;
• Control of compliance of master's and doctoral degree programs with standards and standard curricula approved by the state educational institution of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
• Preparation of an academic calendar for master's and doctoral programs;
• Control the selection of dissertation topics and dissertation projects and assign research supervisors to doctoral and master's students in departments and submit them for approval to the academic Council of the University.
• Monitoring the performance of master's and PhD students in scientific internships;
• Training of high-level specialists in master's and doctoral programs;
• Ensuring, organizing and controlling the quality of training and labor education among students at the highest level;
• Organization and control of educational and methodological work of departments involved in the preparation of PhD and master's students;
• providing departments with internal and external regulatory documents that regulate the educational process for master's and PhD programs;
• Analysis of academic achievements of master's and PhD students;
• Organization and control of teaching and research practice of PhD and master's students.
Address and contact phone numbers:
Shymkent, Baitursynov street No. 13, main building, 211 office.
Phone: 8 (7252) 39-02-44
723, 710 (internal phones)
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org